Hundreds of spectators came to Paderborn-Lippstadt Airport for the first Airport Run 2010
Even the most experienced runners could not hide their excitement when the Chief Councilor Manfred Müller gave the runners their starters' orders at the 1st Airport Run on Sunday 24 October 2010. The atmosphere was phenomenal, as more than 800 runners of all ages set off to tackle the 10 km marathon and obviously very much enjoyed the first streach along the runway. Usually reserved for high powererd aircrafts the first 2.5 km on the runway were seen as a special perk to the event that attracted many locals and runners from all parts of Germany, the UK and Belgium. After leaving the airport grounds the front field led the track to the nearby castle of Wewelsburg down through the valley of Ahden and up again towards the airport terminal. The run finished at the Airport Forum. First across the line was Christian Fiedler after 35:12 minutes.
To see all the results please click here
Winner of the male marathon was Christian Fiedler from „Dorka-Sports Paderborn" with 00:35:12h.
2. Wolfgang Freitag from runners club „Delbrück läuft" (00:36:03h)
3. Dirk Raabe from Paderborn (00:37:07h).
Claiming the female award was Franziska Stebner with a time of 00:39:09h, who participated for the Paderborn Club „LC Paderborn".
2. Gudrun Rodloff for „LG Hamm" (00:41:57h)
3. Stefanie Vergin „Post SV Gütersloh" (00:42:52h).
Company Team Competition
A total of 25 Companies and institutions, fire brigades, schools and city-teams signed up for the company team challenge.
A team of three was needed to enter the competition. A special prize for team spirits was handed over to Lidl who had activated 54 colleagues for the run.
1. Team: Gymnasium Antonianum Geseke - David Kruse, Thomas Kruse and Carsten Hönig (total-time: 01:59:04h).
2. Team: Paderborn-Lippstadt Airport - Frank Götze, Gerhard Kersting and Norbert Sprick (total-time: 02:01:16h).
3. Team: Kampmeier Land- und Gartentechnik - Sebastian Pleuler, Thomas Eichler and Ralf Rüterbories (total-time: 02:06:02h).
Bambini Fun Run
The excitement grew amongst families and friends when the young athletes lined up for the Bambini Fun Run.
Enthusiasm and determination carried all participants along a stretch of 800 m and through to the finish
where youngsters were rewarded with the Airport Run medallion and a personal certificate.
More photos can be seen in our photo gallery.
The race organizers would like to thank all event sponsors and suppliers.
Extra special thanks go to event partners SC Grün Weiss.
To see the results please click here>>
Route map and profile>>