What you need to know, if your child travels alone.
Travel preparations for children travelling alone
While purchasing your ticket, you must declare that your child will be travelling alone. Travel agents often hand out the official supervision form and a small shoulder bag for your child. In some cases the form and the bag are handed over at the check-in desk.
These information are necessary for the supervision form:
- Name and age of child
- Flight-number, date and destination
- Name, address and telephone number of the person accompanying the child to the airport
- Name, address and telephone number of the person collecting the child at the destination
Necessary documents for check-in counter
- Airline ticket or print-out of the etix® reservation and the supervision form
- Valid passport/child's identity card
- Visa for destination country
- Travel insurance certificate (if available)
- Information on allergies (recommended)
- Receipt for pre-paid fees for the care service, if applicable
- Declaration of consent from parents or legal guardians that their child may travel unaccompanied (depends on destination)